Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Valentine's Advent Calendar

I made a nine-day advent calendar for Valentine's Day. If I had planned it far enough in advance, I could've created a fourteen-day calendar that reads "Happy Valentine" -- which sounds a bit awkward, but at least it would allow for one card for each day in February leading up to Valentine's Day. Alas, I got a late start; I was away from all my crafting supplies this weekend, since I visited my parents to watch the Super Bowl together. So I only have nine days, one for each letter in the word "Valentine."


It was quick and easy to make, using some 3x3-inch cards and envelopes, paperclips with ribbon on them, and string. I decorated each card by embossing the words "I love you" on the front of them and writing a different personal message inside each one. On the back of the envelopes, the word "VALENTINE" is spelled out. I didn't have stamps large enough to make the letters readable around the room, so I opted to write them myself using colored pencils. I alternated colors since Michaels sold multiple styles of 3x3 card-envelope sets, and I bought the two types I liked.

Here are some close-up shots of the card and envelope:


Although the dates go from Feb 6-14 (instead of the more logical 1-14), I'm satisfied with how it turned out. I'll definitely try this again with other holidays, but with better planning.


Supplies

Card and envelope sets by Recollections
Ribbon-adorned paperclips by Recollections
Colored pencils by Prismacolor
"I love you" stamp by craftsmart
Detail white embossing powder by Stampendous!
kitchen twine

No comments:

Post a Comment