Friday, February 15, 2013

Double Birthdays

On February 12th, two of my close friends -- one male, one female -- have birthdays. Here are the cards I made for them:





This is a slider card, and pulling the arrow tab will reveal the word "Hadouken!"



Considering my friend is a huge Street Fighter fan, and Ryu his favorite character, I'm sure he'll like this card. I added a lacy sarong just for the heck of it; my friend may not understand it, but he'll surely laugh.

Supplies

Cardstock by Recollections
Punching symbol (based on Pokemon card Fighting Energy) and arrows cut using Silhouette Cameo
Ryu printed out
Black lace washi tape by Recollections




The chalkboard look is really trendy lately, and while I'm not typically one to follow trends for their own sake, it looks too cute for me to ignore. I tried my hand at it and was very satisfied with the result. I'll definitely keep this style in my arsenal, even long past the trend loses its luster. The stars, cupcake, and sentiment were all stamped using white pigment ink, and I zapped them all with my heat gun to make sure everything was dry. I then colored in certain details using red, white, and brown colored pencils.


I used a ruler to draw lines in colored pencil for the border. I also smudged more pigment ink around the card using my finger, to help make the chalkboard look more authentic.


Supplies

Cardstock by Recollections
Stamps: "Claire's abcs" and "Happy Everything" by Lawn Fawn, star from "Year Round Fun" by Recollections, cupcake and "sweet" by Recollections
Ink: Frost White pigment ink by Colorbox
Colored pencils by Prismacolor

No comments:

Post a Comment