Sunday, February 24, 2013

Make a Wish in the Clouds card



Today's card is a simple sky scene featuring Lawn Fawn's "Critters Ever After" set. I made the masks by hand-drawing and cutting out two clouds on cardstock and using removable adhesive to stick them onto my panel. I used Distress Inks to create a blue sky, and after I removed the masks, I used a Memento marker and silver gel pen to give the clouds some shading and silver lining.

I echoed the gold/yellow and silver/gray while coloring the unicorn and gryphon. For the unicorn, I used watercolor pencils, and for the gryphon, I watercolored using Distress Inks. I added touches of silver with a gel pen, and gave the gryphon a hand-drawn bow, also in silver.

I finished off the card by stamping the sentiment (from the same stamp set as the images), hole-punching either side of it, and stringing twine across. I punched out the sun from a sheet of yellow polka-dotted patterned paper from My Mind's Eye, and I added touches of Wild Honey Distress Ink to its edges. I popped up this panel using foam adhesive onto a cut and scored piece of silver cardstock.

Supplies

Cardstock: silver and white cardstock from Recollections, watercolor paper by Strathmore
Patterned paper: "Moments" paper pad by My Mind's Eye
Stamp: "Critters Ever After" by Lawn Fawn
Ink: Versafine black ink, Distress Ink by Tim Holtz (squeezed lemonade, wild honey, salty ocean, faded jeans)
Marker: Memento gray
Colored Pencils: Recollections watercolor pencils
Gel pens: gold and silver
Punch: 1-inch pinking circle, small hole punch
Twine: silver twine I got from a package (I like recycling the ribbons and twine I get from gifts)

Challenges

Lawnscaping challenge #52: Stamp a Scene


The Play Date Cafe challenge #170: Stone, Buttercream, Denim


CAS-ual Fridays: CFC91

6 comments:

  1. This is just too cute! I love how the sentiment is held onto the card.

    Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet scene...I love the soft colors you chose for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! The unicorn is adorable - I think my love for them is left over from My Little Pony as a kid! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gave me a good giggle, thanks! Thanks for hanging out with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color scheme! so fun! thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the colors, the silver is gorgeous and fits perfectly with the magical creatures!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete