Monday, July 22, 2013

"All your dreams" in pink and teal

My sister is flying back to med school, thousands of miles away, tomorrow. She had spent the last few weeks here at home, enjoying her break, but it's time for her to return for her fourth semester. Knowing I won't see her until December, I knew I must make a card for her, to encourage her while she's so far from home.



To make this card, I started with a pink ombre piece of patterned paper from the Dear Lizzy "Lucky Charm" collection. I covered it in star stamps from Lawn Fawn's "Critters Ever After" stamp set, using Versamark ink, and I embossed that in white. I then adhered this entire thing to my card base, to serve as my background.

From the same stamp set, I stamped the castle onto white, pink, and teal patterned paper from the same paper pad. I paper pieced that together and added glitter accents. I made a mask using a sticky note, and with that covering the castle, I was able to distress the paper with "tea dye" Distress Ink. I matted this panel onto another piece of "Lucky Charm" patterned paper and adhered that to my background base.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and embossed it with turquoise embossing powder. I cut out a flag, adhered it with foam squares, and finished off the card with a few enamel dots from My Mind's Eye.

Supplies

Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned paper: "Lucky Charm" (American Crafts/Dear Lizzy)
Stamps: "Critters Ever After" (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, tea dye (Distress Ink)
Embossing powder: detail white (Stampendous!), turqoise (Ranger)
Enamel dots: "the sweetest thing" (My Mind's Eye)
Glitter: Clear Star Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)

Challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment