Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Bird-day!

This is a general birthday card I made that could work for anyone -- young, old, male, female, family, friend, etc.

Happy Bird-day card

Happy Bird-day card detail 1

Happy Bird-day card detail 2

I used Tea Dye distress ink on an embossed piece of cardstock to get the woodgrain texture of the background. Then I wrapped the leaves "ribbon" around the wood panel a few times. I put washi tape on the bottom, then used foam tape to adhere a banner I hand-cut that has the sentiment handwritten on it. Finally, I stamped the birds in Ranger Archival Black ink, and I colored them using a combination of LePlume and Distress markers.

Owl stamp and leaves ribbon by Paper Source
Birds Cling stamps by Inkadinkado
Woodgrain embossing folder by Tim Holtz
Green washi tape by Recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment