Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thank You kids' cards

My birthday was the other day, and I spent the day visiting family in Fresno. My eight- and three-year-old cousins made me cards, and they really made me feel special that day. So, in return, I made them both "thank you" cards. They both are relatively small -- at 3.75" by 3.75" --



This was a simple card. I played off the colors in the background when cutting up thin strips of solid paper from my scraps. I then stamped a pink owl and fussy-cut it out, attaching it with foam squares for a bit of dimension. I wrote "thank you!" in black pen, added dashed lines in white pen, and finished of the card with a few gems.

Supplies

Paper: paper strips from my scrap pile
Stamps: owl from studio g
Ink: Versafine ("Onyx Black"), Colorbox ("Orchid")
Gems: Recollections
Pens: black Copic Multiliner, white Uniball Signo



I colored this card directly using Distress Markers, except the rabbit. I don't yet have any gray markers, so I dabbed a little of the "black soot" marker onto an acrylic block, diluted it with a lot of water, and lightly brushed that onto the rabbit to create a light gray. I let it dry and gradually layered it a bit for the shading. I used foam adhesive to attach the banner, bird, and bunny. Again, I used gems to finish off the card.

Supplies

Paper: Recollections
Stamps: vine from studio g, everything else from Lawn Fawn (banner and sentiment from "Home Sweet Home," bunny and flowers from "," tree and kookaburra from "Critters Down Under")
Ink: Versafine ("Onyx Black"), studio g (lime green)
Markers: Distress Markers (black soot, spun sugar, worn lipstick, barn door, mustard seed, peeled paint, broken china, antique linen)
Gems: Recollections

Challenges

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are so cute, but I love the bunny one! It is just so sweet. Thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards!! I love the scene on the second one and the combination of patterns on the first one

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete